- 1 What medical term means the surgical repair of the nose?
- 2 What is the correct word construction for surgical repair of the nose?
- 3 Which term means surgical repair?
- 4 What does the combining form myc o mean?
- 5 What does Rhinalgia mean?
- 6 What is dynia medical term?
- 7 What does the medical term myring o mean?
- 8 What does the medical term Stomy mean?
- 9 Which is a surgical suffix?
- 10 What does myc or Myco mean?
- 11 What is the MYC in medical term?
- 12 What does Cardiotomy mean in medical terms?
- 13 What is the term meaning inflammation of the nose?
- 14 What is EPI medical term?
- 15 What does Centesis mean in medical terms?
What medical term means the surgical repair of the nose?
Rhinoplasty is a facial cosmetic procedure that is usually performed to enhance the appearance of the nose. During this type of rhinoplasty, the nasal cartilage and bones are modified, or tissue is added. Rhinoplasty is also performed to repair nasal fractures and other structural problems.
What is the correct word construction for surgical repair of the nose?
Rhinoplasty (nose surgery) is an example of how it can get confusing to categorize a procedure as cosmetic surgery or reconstructive surgery.
Which term means surgical repair?
-plasty is the suffix that means surgical repair. The etymology comes from the Greek word plastos, meaning 'formed.
What does the combining form myc o mean?
Myco- is a combining form used like a prefix meaning “mushroom, fungus.” It is used in many medical and scientific terms, especially in biology—as well as in a branch of biology known as mycology, as we'll discuss below.
What does Rhinalgia mean?
Pain in the nose
[ rī-năl′jə ] n. Pain in the nose.
What is dynia medical term?
Filters. Forms medical terms relating to pain.
What does the medical term myring o mean?
myring/o. tympanic membrane (eardrum)
What does the medical term Stomy mean?
Definition of -stomy : surgical operation establishing a usually permanent opening into (such) a part enterostomy.
Which is a surgical suffix?
Suffixes. -centesis : surgical puncture. -tripsy : crushing or breaking up. -desis : fusion of two parts into one, stabilization. -ectomy : surgical removal (see List of -ectomies).
What does myc or Myco mean?
a combining form meaning “mushroom, fungus,” used in the formation of compound words: mycology. Also especially before a vowel, myc-.
What is the MYC in medical term?
Myc-: Prefix that denotes a relationship to fungus. From the Greek mykes, meaning fungus.
What does Cardiotomy mean in medical terms?
n. Incision of the heart wall. Incision of the cardiac end of the stomach.
What is the term meaning inflammation of the nose?
: inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nose.
What is EPI medical term?
In this Article Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) is a condition that happens when there's a problem with your pancreas, mainly with how well it helps you digest food. Your pancreas makes enzymes that break down the fats, proteins, and starches you eat so your body can use them.
What does Centesis mean in medical terms?
/ sɛnˈti siz/. Surgery. a puncture or perforation. a puncture into a body cavity, usually to remove fluid.