What is a secondary logo called?
The secondary logo is also commonly referred to an alternate logo. The secondary logo uses the elements of the primary logo arranged in a different composition. … For example, a secondary logo is often either a simplified version of the primary logo or another version may be in a square composition.
What are the different types of logo?
Here are the 7 types of logos you need to know about:
- Monogram logos (or lettermarks) Check your inbox.
- Wordmarks (or logotypes)
- Pictorial marks (or logo symbols)
- Abstract logo marks.
- The combination mark.
- The emblem.
What is a primary mark?
These marks, which properly align a wordmark with the spirit mark, should be the primary identifier for athletics content. Use of only the spirit mark without a secondary reference is not permitted.
When would you use a secondary logo?
The secondary logo is a simplified version of the primary logo. This design may eliminate some text or rearrange the elements to improve readability in small sizes. Secondary logos are intended for online use or when you must resize your logo to small formats.
What are the four types of logos?
- Lettermark. A lettermark logo is typography based and exclusively made up of a company or brand's initials, and for that reason, it's also known as a monogram.
- Wordmark. As you may have guessed, wordmarks are typography based and usually focus on the name of the business or brand.
- Combination Mark.
Aug 1, 2017
What is a logo mark?
A logotype is a logo centered around a company name or initials, while a logomark is a logo centered around a symbolic image or icon. The general term logo refers to all marks that represent a brand. … Examples for logotypes include Visa, Coca Cola or Google.
What is the small version of a logo called?
03. Submark logo. What is a submark logo? Submark logos (also known as logo submarks, brandmarks, and alternate marks) are simple, small, but identifiable brand designs.
Why do I need logo variations?
A logo variation is a rearranged version of your primary logo design that gives your brand the flexibility to show up consistently, and recognizably, in different placements. Every brand needs a set of unique logo designs to use on several platforms that are recognizable, versatile, and complement its overall identity.
What is a sub mark logo?
Generally speaking, a submark is a simplified version of your logo that can easily be used on a smaller scale. Your submark is not a second logo.