- 1 Can we apply DC to transformer?
- 2 What happens if DC supply is given to the transformer Mcq?
- 3 Which device converts AC to DC?
- 4 What will happen if DC shunt motor is connected across AC supply?
- 5 What is safer AC or DC?
- 6 Is DC or AC better?
- 7 Why is autotransformer used?
- 8 Which transformer is used for LV applications?
- 9 What is uses of diode?
Can we apply DC to transformer?
Transformers do not pass direct current (DC), and can be used to take the DC voltage (the constant voltage) out of a signal while keeping the part that changes (the AC voltage).
What happens if DC supply is given to the transformer Mcq?
A constant dc source connected to the primary of transformer will have zero EMF. The constant current creates zero induced emf. As a result transformer primary will behave as a short circuit and heavy current will flow through the primary which will, in turn, burn the windings.
Which device converts AC to DC?
rectifier The device that is used to convert AC to DC is a rectifier. As the name suggests, a rectifier corrects or straightens the direction of the current.
What will happen if DC shunt motor is connected across AC supply?
1. What will happen if DC shunt motor is connected across AC supply? Explanation: In case of parallel field connection, it won't rotate at all and will start humming and will create vibrations, as a torque produced by positive and negative cycle will cancel out each other. DC motor will be heated up and it may burn.
What is safer AC or DC?
An electric shock has the capacity to induce ventricular fibrillation which can lead to heart failure and death. Avoiding any form of electric shock is preferable, but DC is considered safer in these circumstances as the human body's threshold to DC is considerably higher than to AC.
Is DC or AC better?
Alternating current is cheaper to generate and has fewer energy losses than direct current when transmitting electricity over long distances. Although for very long distances (more than 1000 km), direct current can often be better.
Why is autotransformer used?
Autotransformers are frequently used in power applications to interconnect systems operating at different voltage classes, for example 132 kV to 66 kV for transmission. Another application in industry is to adapt machinery built (for example) for 480 V supplies to operate on a 600 V supply.
Which transformer is used for LV applications?
shell type transformers are mainly used for low voltage applications and are very often used in loe voltage power circuits as well as in electronic circuits.
What is uses of diode?
Conducting an electric current in one direction Despite being nothing more than a simple two-pin semiconductor devices, diodes are vital to modern electronics. Some of their most common applications include turning AC to DC, isolating signals from a supply, and mixing signals.]]>