How many years can I take off my mortgage by paying extra?
This means you can make half of your mortgage payment every two weeks. That results in 26 half-payments, which equals 13 full monthly payments each year. Based on our example above, that extra payment can knock four years off the 30-year mortgage and save you over $25,000 in interest.
How can I pay off my 30 year mortgage in 10 years?
How to Pay Your 30-Year Mortgage in 10 Years
- Buy a Smaller Home.
- Make a Bigger Down Payment.
- Get Rid of High-Interest Debt First.
- Prioritize Your Mortgage Payments.
- Make a Bigger Payment Each Month.
- Put Windfalls Toward Your Principal.
- Earn Side Income.
- Refinance Your Mortgage.