- 1 What does the medical term dips o mean?
- 2 What does the combining form dips o mean?
- 3 What does the prefix in mean in medical terminology?
- 4 What does the suffix My O mean?
- 5 What does AORT o mean?
- 6 Which answer best describes Pulmon O and Pneum O?
- 7 What is Nephr O?
- 8 What does Coron o mean?
- 9 What does Arther o mean?
- 10 What does Ankyl o mean?
- 11 What does Vascul o mean?
- 12 What does Arthr o mean?
- 13 What does Herni o mean?
- 14 What does Cholecyst o mean?
What does the medical term dips o mean?
: one affected with dipsomania.
What does the combining form dips o mean?
The combining form dips/o means. Thirst.
What does the prefix in mean in medical terminology?
MEANING. EXAMPLE OF USE IN MEDICAL TERMS. endo- within, in.
What does the suffix My O mean?
Myo- is a combining form used like a prefix meaning “muscle.” It is often used in medical terms, especially in anatomy.
What does AORT o mean?
aort/o. aorta (largest artery)
Which answer best describes Pulmon O and Pneum O?
Which answer best describes pulmon/o and pneum/o? They are both combining forms and mean lung.
What is Nephr O?
Nephro-: Having to do with the kidney, as in nephrology (the art and science of the care of the kidneys) and nephropathy (any kidney disease).
What does Coron o mean?
coron/o. crown or circle (example: Coron/ary arteries encircle the heart)
What does Arther o mean?
arthr/o. means joint. Arthralgia (ar-THRAL-jee-ah) means pain in a joint or joints (-algia means pain.
What does Ankyl o mean?
a combining form meaning '"hook,” “joint”: ankylostomiasis.
What does Vascul o mean?
vascul/o. Prefix denoting a small vessel that circulates blood.
What does Arthr o mean?
Arthro-: A prefix meaning joint, as in arthropathy and arthroscopic. Before a vowel, it becomes arthr-, as in arthralgia and arthritis. From the Greek word arthron for joint. Ultimately from an Indo-European root meaning to join or to fit together.
What does Herni o mean?
Prefix meaning a hernia. [L. hernia, rupture]
What does Cholecyst o mean?
, cholecyst- [Gr. cholē, bile + Gr. kystis, bladder] Prefixes meaning gallbladder.