- 1 Is cyan a prefix?
- 2 Which word part means discharge?
- 3 What does Jaund o mean?
- 4 What is the correct meaning to the medical terminology for the word element Balan O?
- 5 What does the combining form cyan o mean quizlet?
- 6 Which combining form means blue?
- 7 How do people get leukemia?
- 8 Does lack of sleep cause leukemia?
- 9 Does the combining form Poli O means gray?
Is cyan a prefix?
1. Combining form meaning blue. 2. Chemical prefix frequently used in naming compounds that contain the cyanide group, CN.
Which word part means discharge?
The combining form -rrhea is used like a suffix meaning “flow” or “discharge.” It is often used in medical terms, especially in pathology.
What does Jaund o mean?
jaund/o. Yellow. jaundice (yellow discoloration of the skin)
What is the correct meaning to the medical terminology for the word element Balan O?
What is the correct meaning to the medical terminology for the word element balan/o. Glans penis.
What does the combining form cyan o mean quizlet?
The combining form cyan/o means: Blue.
Which combining form means blue?
cyano- 1. a combining form meaning “blue, dark blue,” used in the formation of compound words: cyanotype.
How do people get leukemia?
How does leukemia form? Some scientists believe that leukemia results from an as-of-yet undetermined combination of genetic and environmental factors that can lead to mutations in the cells that make up the bone marrow. These mutations, known as leukemic changes, cause the cells to grow and divide very rapidly.
Does lack of sleep cause leukemia?
Disruptions in the body's “biological clock,” which controls sleep and thousands of other functions, may raise the odds of cancers of the breast, colon, ovaries and prostate. Exposure to light while working overnight shifts for several years may reduce levels of melatonin, encouraging cancer to grow.
Does the combining form Poli O means gray?
The combining form poli/o means gray. The combining form arthr/o means joint. The suffix -gram means the process of producing a picture or record. The suffix -necrosis means tissue death.