- 1 How do you use peevishly in a sentence?
- 2 What is the best definition of petulant?
- 3 What’s a peeve mean?
- 4 What is the correct meaning of unsound?
- 5 What is a peevish person?
- 6 What is the sentence of peevish?
- 7 What does a petulant child mean?
- 8 What is an example of petulant?
- 9 What does peeves mean in Harry Potter?
- 10 What is my pet peeve?
- 11 How do you use unsound?
- 12 Is the unsound a real thing?
- 13 Does peevish mean irritable?
- 14 What is another word for peevishness?
- 15 How do you use the word peevish?
How do you use peevishly in a sentence?
1. She had grown ever more peevishly dependent on him. 2. 'It's your own fault,' she said peevishly.
What is the best definition of petulant?
Definition of petulant 1 : insolent or rude in speech or behavior. 2 : characterized by temporary or capricious ill humor : peevish. Other Words from petulant Synonyms Petulant Has Latin Roots Example Sentences Learn More About petulant.
What’s a peeve mean?
1 : a feeling or mood of resentment. 2 : a particular grievance or source of aggravation. Synonyms Choose the Right Synonym Example Sentences Learn More About peeve.
What is the correct meaning of unsound?
: not sound: such as. a : not healthy or whole an unsound horse. b : not mentally normal : not wholly sane of unsound mind.
What is a peevish person?
Definition of peevish 1 : querulous in temperament or mood : fretful. 2 : perversely (see perverse sense 2b) obstinate a peevish child. 3 : marked by ill temper has a peevish, even spiteful, streak— Elizabeth Drew.
What is the sentence of peevish?
1, Sebastian was a sickly, peevish child. 2, A peevish child is unhappy and makes others unhappy. 3, She glared down at me with a peevish expression on her face. 4, The kids were peevish after so long in the car.
What does a petulant child mean?
The adjective, petulant, is a disapproving term used to describe a bad-tempered child, an adult behaving like an angry child or behavior of this type. Angry or annoyed mean the same thing, but if you choose the word, petulant, you are indicating that it is unreasonable or unjustified.
What is an example of petulant?
The definition of petulant is someone who gets irritated without a good reason. An example of petulant is a toddler throwing a temper tantrum when they don't get their way. Contemptuous in speech or behavior. Impatient or irritable, esp.
What does peeves mean in Harry Potter?
Peeves was a poltergeist at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, since c. … Fond of mischief and chaos, he was a constant pain to the school and its inhabitants, especially Argus Filch, the caretaker, as the only ones able to control him were the Bloody Baron and Albus Dumbledore.
What is my pet peeve?
A pet peeve is a particular thing that bugs you every time. If your pet peeve is how people misuse words, you're in the right place. A peeve is an annoyance, and a pet peeve is an annoyance that's nurtured like a pet — it's something someone can never resist complaining about.
How do you use unsound?
Use “unsound” in a sentence | “unsound” sentence examples
- The thinking is good-hearted, but muddled and fundamentally unsound.
- That bridge looks unsound to me.
- The house roof was unsound.
- The national tests were educationally unsound.
- The use of disposable products is considered ecologically unsound.
Is the unsound a real thing?
The Unsound is a sound which is rumored to cause the death of anyone who listens to it within one year.
Does peevish mean irritable?
1 petulant, irritable, snappish.
What is another word for peevishness?
What is another word for peevishness?
How do you use the word peevish?
Peevish in a Sentence 🔉
- The clingy toddler became peevish every time his mother walked out of the room.
- Because John is peevish and never satisfied with anything, he finds it hard to make friends.
- Our maid quit because she said I had a peevish attitude and did not appreciate her hard work 🔉