- 1 Why does my TV not play sound through HDMI?
- 2 How do I get my Samsung TV to recognize HDMI?
- 3 How do I get audio output on my Samsung TV?
- 4 Does sound go through HDMI?
- 5 Why is there no sound on my Samsung monitor?
- 6 How do I change the HDMI settings on my Samsung Smart TV?
- 7 Why does my Samsung TV says HDMI not supported?
- 8 Why does my Samsung TV not have audio out?
- 9 Why does my Samsung TV have no sound?
- 10 How do I reset the sound on my Samsung TV?
Why does my TV not play sound through HDMI?
Disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI input of the TV and connect the source device to a different TV. … If there is still no sound, perform a power reset on the TV . If there is still no sound after power resetting the TV, replace the HDMI cable. Perform a factory reset .
How do I get my Samsung TV to recognize HDMI?
Samsung TV HDMI ports are not working
- Press the power button on the connected device.
- Select the correct source on your TV.
- Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable.
- Try a different HDMI cable.
- Connect a different external device to see if it works.
- Request service for your TV.
How do I get audio output on my Samsung TV?
Smart TV audio input and output connections
- Select Audio from the menu.
- Select Speaker setting.
- Select Speaker selection.
- Select External speaker.
- Locate the digital audio out port (optical) on the TV.
- Connect the digital audio cable to the digital audio output (optical) on the TV.
Does sound go through HDMI?
Audio Quality : HDMI is renowned for its video quality, but it also can carry audio without the need for multiple cables. HDMI supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD for 7.1-channel sound for loss-less, theatre-quality audio.
Why is there no sound on my Samsung monitor?
On the monitor's connected device (like a laptop), make sure the audio isn't muted, and then attempt to adjust the volume until it's at a high setting. Depending on what you have connected, you should also make sure that it's set to send the audio signal to your monitor, and not somewhere else.
How do I change the HDMI settings on my Samsung Smart TV?
Press the Home button your TV remote, and then navigate to and select Settings > General. Select External Device Manager, and then select Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) to turn it on.
Why does my Samsung TV says HDMI not supported?
The most common reason for a "PC Mode Not Supported" error message is a resolution conflict. The television may have a lower maximum resolution than the computer, and it cannot display the imagery. … Another reason for resolution discrepancies stems from the HDMI external device settings on the television.
Why does my Samsung TV not have audio out?
Press “Menu” on the remote, then select the “Support” menu. From there, select the “Self Diagnosis” option and then choose “Sound Test”. The TV will play a melody out of the built-in speakers. If you hear the sound, then the audio problem (whatever it may be) isn't in the TV's components.
Why does my Samsung TV have no sound?
Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis, and then select Start Sound Test. If the test reveals a problem, navigate to Settings > Sound > Expert Settings, and then select Reset Sound.
How do I reset the sound on my Samsung TV?
How to reset sound settings on Samsung TV
- 1 Press the Home button on your remote control.
- 2 Using the directional pad on your remote, navigate to and select Settings.
- 3 Navigate to and select Sound > Expert Settings.
- 4 Navigate to and select Reset Sound.
Mar 31, 2021