How do I change my EDID settings?
How to edit the EDID?
- Start AMD Catalyst Control Center.
- Select "My VGA displays" and next "Propeties (VGA-display)".
- Disable the option "Use EDID (extended display identification data) or default driver settings", which is enabled by default.
- To select the screen resolution 1980×1080.
Apr 25, 2018
What is HDMI EDID version?
Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) is a metadata standard that lets display devices like monitors, televisions, and projectors communicate their capabilities to the video source. When using HDMI, the EDID from your television tells the video source what the dimensions of the screen are.
How do I capture the EDID of my display?
To capture the EDID, open the NVIDIA Control Panel and select View System Topology. To export the EDID, find the display, then click the EDID link under it. In the EDID management dialog, select Export EDID, and save the EDID. EDIDs are saved as text files.
How do I find my monitor EDID?
- From the NVIDIA Control Panel Select a Task pane, under Workstation, click View system topology.
- Locate the display with the EDID that you want to save, then click he corresponding Display [+] icon to expand the branch.
- Check the EDID Source.
- "Monitor" indicates that the actual monitor EDID is used.
Where is EDID stored?
The EDID is often stored in the monitor in a memory device called a serial PROM (programmable read-only memory) or EEPROM (electrically erasable PROM) and is accessible via the I²C-bus at address A0 .